Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Well today was the big day, my birthday! Happy 51st to me. I had a 8:30 am breakfast date with my sister Mary and my niece Celina at Alice's restaurant. Along for the breakfast were 2 of Celina's 3 children, Lincoln and Ruby. We talked, laughed, and ate plenty, it was great! Then we went to my favorite place in the AV.... the "Antique Asylum". I just had to walk up and down every aisle and looked literally at everything there. I found great treasures and bought the ones I just couldn't live without. And it was there, with the help of the girls, to decorate my guest room in the shabby chic fashion. And so my next project begins. My progress will of course be one of the topics I will occasionally cover. Then later in the day I was taken to dinner with my husband and my son. We went to the Red Lobster, it was delicious! During our dinner I received a call from my son-in-law, to make sure to stop by their house because they had made a birthday cake for me. Well I wasn't about to miss out on dessert! They sang to me and I blew out the one candle that represented my 51 yrs. I just loved it all. Then I went home and called my mother. She felt bad that she had forgotten my birthday. She kept apologizing. I told her that it was fine. She attributed it to old age, hers not mine. There is never anything to forgive when it comes to my mother, I only know that I will do the same at her age and hopefully some one will be understanding too! But until then I will continue to celebrate my life and enjoy every birthday the good Lord gives me.

No comments:

Post a Comment